A workshop on circular economy was organized by the Portuguese Ministry of Environment, the Ministry of Water Resources of China and the University of Évora on the afternoon of the 6th of November. This session opened the 7th High-level Dialogue Conference of China Europe Water Platform. The workshop was one of a series of three workshops dedicated to this issue that will take place until 2021. It was a very relevant moment for sharing best practices and know-how on what concerns this promising and key subject.
Circular economy is a top priority for water saving both in Europe as in China and it was very interesting to learn about concrete projects being implement in China and Europe. For example, from an European perspective, there was a presentation from the European Union on the recent proposal for a Regulation on Water Reuse and some concrete projects were presented, such as the EDIA project on circularity of water in the development of Alqueva, or the Turku University Applied Sciences work on urban waters. From China there was a presentation on the work that is being developed in Changde City, as well as a presentation by the International Centre on Small Hydro Power.
- 1 Introduction to circular economy, Ines Costa, Secretary of State of Environment of Portugal
- 2 Circularity of water use - European union framework on water reuse, Laura Gornicioui, European Commission
- 3 Main drivers of water reuse in Portugal, Anabela Rebelo, Portuguese Environmental Agency
- 4 National water conservation action in China, Zhou Zheyu, National Office of Water Conservation
- 5 Introduction on CEWP PI Business Program for the coming two years, Kim Madsbjerg, Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark
- 6 Presentation by Finland on urban Waters, Jan-Hendrik Körber, Turku University of Applied Sciences
- 7 Presentation by Portugal (EDIA) on rural Waters, Barbara Tita, EDIA
- 8 Water and energy efficiency assessment in collective irrigation systems, Madalena Moreira, Evora University
- 9 Sponge city construction in Changde, Peng Jiaming, Changde City Government
- 10 Implementation of circular economy at EMAS, Rui Marreiros, EMAS
- 11 China-Africa renewable energy technology transfer Project, Ou Chuanqi, International Center on Small Hydro Power