On 24th April 2019 CEWP held a Joint Steering Committee Meeting in Budapest, Hungary. This meeting gathered together the European and Chinese partners of CEWP. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Kai Kaatra, Deputy director general from the Ministry of agriculture and forestry of Finland and Mr. Li Ge, Deputy director general from the Ministry of Water Resources of China.
* Estonia and Hungary were approved as members in CEWP
* CEWP is actively promoting alignment of EU and Chinese research funding mechanisms for the water sector and finding opportunities for joint research projects
* Next CEWP High-Level Meeting will be held in the spring of 2020 in Portugal
A thematic workshop ”Alignment of EU and Chinese Research Funds on Water” was organized in the afternoon of 24th April. One objective of the workshop was to identify potential EU-China water research Flagship projects for Horizon Europe 2021-2027 and the Chinese co-funding mechanisms.
On Thursday 25th April a site visit was organized to Budapest Waterworks Kőbánya.
Material and Presentations
- The Program of the Meeting
- Report of CEWP Activities by the Secretaries
- Activity Report, Lot 1
- Activity Report, Lot 2
- Activity Report, Lot 3
- Activity Report, CAUPD
- Activity Report, Lot 4
- Activity Report, Business and Innovation
- Policy Recommendations
- Alignment of Research Funding Mechanisms: EU
- Alignment of Research Funding Mechanisms: China
- The Next CEWP High-level Meeting in Portugal
Thematic Workshop – Alignment of EU and Chinese Research Funds on Water
- Chinese Funding Mechanism for China-EU Water
- Workshop on Alignment of Research Funds between EU and China
- Proposal under CEWP Cooperation, North China University of Water Resources and Electric Power
The European Coordination Meeting of the China Europe Platform was held on April 23, 2019 in Budapest back-to-back to the CEWP Joint Steering Committee Meeting.