PIANO PROJECT NEWSLETTER
Subscribe for the periodical information on the progress of this strategic cooperation partnership for water research and innovation between Europe and China.
The H2020 project PIANO (Policies, Innovation, And Network for Enhancing Opportunities for China-Europe water cooperation) aims at strengthening the international cooperation in the field of water between Europe and China and promoting the creation of networks of companies, SMEs, entrepreneurs, NGOs, policy makers, regulators and funding agencies to create business and social opportunities.
The project main objectives are strengthening and expanding the existing network of the China-Europe Water Platform (CEWP) to:
– Cover all actors relevant for cooperation between China and Europe in the water research and innovation domain (WP 1);
– Identify European technological water innovations and areas for joint development of innovative technological solutions that have a potential for their implementation in China (WP 2);
– Identify drivers and barriers concerning this cooperation, elaborate on strategies to overcome such barriers, take advantage of drivers for the implementation and replicate technological water innovations in China (WP 3);
– Promote of knowledge exchange and policy dialogue to build an enabling environment for the uptake of technological water innovations with a great potential for implementation, further replication and market uptake in China to be able to consolidate a shared strategic research and innovation agenda (SRIA) between Europe and China water sector ( WP 4);
– Effective dissemination and mainstreaming the project results to Chinese, European stakeholders and international target audiences (WP5).
The PIANO Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) will define the innovation needs in the research domains of the project: agricultural water management, municipal water management, industrial water management, river basin management and water for energy.
The outcome will prioritize objectives, topics, and actions in the China-Europe water cooperation.
A survey is been being produced to identify the needs and priorities them.
A questionnaire based on the results of the new technological solutions, mapped and analyzed in WP 2, has been circulated among the European and Chinese key actors in the water sector to gather their valuable contributions and suggestions.
The contributions received to this survey will be analyzed, aggregated and taken into consideration for the development of the PIANO SRIA in the following months.
Issues of the PIANO newsletter and registration are provided here.
Read the latest newsletter here.